Sunday 4 December 2011

Not actually the end of the world as such..

Anyone unfortunate enough to have spent time in my company will know i'm a cheery, optimistic soul, indeed one of my favourite phrases is "we're doomed", closely followed by "it's the end of the world". Quite how these apply to my current situation, sitting, cosy and stuffed full of rather nice curry in a warehouse canteen, gazing out of the window as I wait for the lorry to get loaded, may not at first be apparent. Allow me to elaborate: in the car park outside is a bush, nothing special, it has little green leaves and little yellow flowers. Yesterday when I was here there were what appeared to be bees buzzing around them. I haven't seen any today, but then the weather was better yesterday, quite nice and sunny, today it's all grey and miserable, quite wintry  in fact. But then that's not surprising, we're only a couple of weeks away from the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. It is, in fact, more or less the middle of the bleeding winter. And yesterday it was all nice and sunny and there were bees buzzing round the flowers...
So, there you go then, probably not the end just yet, and probably not the whole world, but soon I'd say, and certainly for this particular bunch of over clever monkeys and much of the stuff around them. Best get a window seat while you can, I suspect this will be a once in a lifetime experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment